Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WHAT PEOPLE SEE IN YOU

I got a bunch of friends to do an exercise to write out the words that come to their mind when they think of me – words that best describe me. I was pleasantly surprised (and flattered for the most part) because their view was pretty consistent among a dozen of them, even though they were in my life during different periods. More importantly, inspite of the diversity in their ages, background, cultures and personalities which obviously also affect how they see me. Personally, I had gone through some interesting stages - starting with the nerdy, to antisocial, to party animal, to career-oriented and currently, creative and business-minded. And a lot more sober, might I add.

After I read all of their carefully chosen adjectives, it was my turn to write what I thought about myself. This exercise was not done for the purposes of stroking one’s ego, but to actually figure out how well I know myself in the context of how other people know me……Sometimes what you see in yourself is so skewed that it has nothing to do with reality.

Happy to say that most adjectives that my friends see in me are the same ones I see when I look at myself in the mirror. One point for self-awareness. Still have a long way to go to reach what I would call, “the state of Pooh”. Working on it, though.

Btw, Miki Miki my worst nightmare, did respond to the blog I posted. I didn’t even bother reading his two emails because his grammar gave me a headache. Have better things to worry about than someone who has absolutely no influence in my life and doesn’t contribute a cent to my living expenses. Hopefully, he will sign up for some writing classes. His grammar terrorized me; so much more than the content of his writing which was utterly negligible.

P.S. Am just using he to represent both genders since I don’t know that Miki Miki is indeed a man.

Tina Vitas
Makati City

2 comments:

Mixednuts said...

Hi Tins, this is Mayi. Sorry have not passed by lately. Writing down what you think of yourself and what others think of you is a good exercise. It allows you to see yourself differently and make you appreciate your good qualities and improve on the others--only if there is any improving to be done.

I think you are a good and loyal friend, smart, open-minded, confident and one who never gives up.

Mixednuts is my AKA for my other blog--http://nuttythoughts.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.